High Dining

My three year old isn't known for his sophisticated palette.

Even though we find ourselves going to restaurants that usually don't offer a children's menu - give him a plate of pasta and he's a happy camper.

When pasta isn't an option - he can usually satisfy his appetite with the complimentary bread basket.


Going out to eat with him has always been easy {I hope I didn't just jinx myself there}!

There is one restaurant in particular though, that has always held his fancy.

A restaurant that we found accidentally while on vacation one weekend.

A restaurant filled with skeletons, ships, guns and swords - but most importantly Pirates!

What is it about little boys and Pirates?

As soon as we walk in the doors, my rambunctious toddler is transformed.  His eyes light up and he is all of a sudden transported into a magical world - a world where his reality has somehow collided with his imagination and created this place just for him.

A world where Pirates really do exist.  Pirates that know his name and invite him to play and share their sparkling treasure.

He talks about the Pirates constantly.  Whenever he sees the pictures he asks when we can go back again.

If he had his choice we would eat there for every meal.

What he doesn't know yet is that tomorrow we are taking him back to the see the Pirates for his birthday.

He has no idea that they will come out with cake and candles - and presents!

If he thought this place was magical before, I can't even imagine what he will think after tomorrow.

Is there a restaurant that your kids adore?

Linking up with Mama Kats
Pin It

13 comments:

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Our budget is so tight that we don't really eat out unless we're out of town, so I don't suppose the kids have a favorite!

Love the pirate restaurant. But I truly adore the pasta picture - so cute!

jeands said...

so far my little one doesn't have any fave yet, either we're here in the philippines or singapore she can eat anywhere. from fast foods to indian restaurants. like nathan she likes bread and pasta too.

hope nathan will have a blast on his birthday, happy birthday to him!

Madamdreamweaver said...

oh, such a sweet story. I bet he'll remember this birthday forever!

Susan said...

SO fun!
He is going to be SO excited. Can't wait to see the pics.

Natalie said...

Oh he's going to have a blast! Great thinking mom!

Ali - My Suitcase Full of Tricks said...

OOOOH! Even I would love that place! So cool. He's going to absolutely love it! I also love that pasta picture. That bowl is bigger than he is!

Blond Duck said...

Give me a plate of pasta and I'd be happy too!

Christine said...

So super cute!! Those photos are adorable. My older son loves going out to eat at restaurants I think for the theatrics. There's this Italian restaurant in our neighborhood that he adores!

Kimberly said...

Oh, that is so cool! He's going to just love it!

Cam | Bibs and Baubles said...

That pasta picture is ADORABLE!!! My son would love this restaurant. He is beyond obsessed with pirates. I really don't know what it is about boys and pirates!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

This looks like a restaurant JDaniel would love! I hope he had a wonderful birthday.

Sara Louise said...

I have got to get to this restaurant!

Kim said...

That pirate restaurant sounds right up our alley. You are so lucky he's a good eater. If they don't have chicken nuggets on the menu we're screwed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...