Welcome to France...Apple Picking a la francais

When I was living in South Carolina I couldn't wait to have kids to take them apple picking!  All of my friends would tell me about the nearby farms - they would have amazing pictures of the fall colors; adorable kids picking apples.

When Nathan was about 11 months old I researched apple farms in the area.  To my chagrin - the closest apple farms where in Bretagne (about five to six hours away).  I had just given up that we would ever get to do anything like that while we were living here in France.

Then I heard through the grapevine that there was an apple festival in a nearby town.

Immediately my mind started picturing how much fun my boys would have running around surrounded by apples.

My first clue as to how the day was going to go should have been the dark clouds that were lingering around town all morning.

Since the rain had held back all morning, we decided to head out to the apple festival anyway.

There were a lot of farmers/vendors selling their fresh apples; organic apple juices and ciders - but it definitely wasn't an apple picking.

They boys weren't too impressed.

That is until they found the free samples of juice.

Noah was a little disappointed he couldn't dig into the cider.  Maybe when he's older.

It wouldn't be a French festival without sausages and cheese.

We were only there for about 15 minutes before the heavens opened up and it started pouring on us.

I guess that's what we get for trying to go apple picking a la francais.

Welcome to France!
Pin It

15 comments:

Emmy said...

Yea- definitely not quite apple picking :)

I think I would be in heaven and over eat in France- I do so love cheese and sausage.

Liene said...

That's ok, we went to Niven's and... they were out of apples. Seems like apple season was over just a little quicker this year. Would rather have the cider!

Michelle said...

I know, I get so jealous when I hear of friends going apple picking, to pumpkin patches, and all the fun fall things you can do in the States. One day, one day.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Awww, you come here and I'll let you pick all the apples from our trees you want.

Quiana said...

I still think that's pretty fab esp the sausage and cheese part!

Ali - My Suitcase Full of Tricks said...

Oh my gosh! That picture of Noah in the stroller reminds me of the little brother from A Christmas Story.

Natalie said...

Awww wish the rain would have held out for you longer! I didn't get to do any apple picking either b/c they said the apples came early this year so we missed out!

The Bonny Bard said...

the sausage and cheese kind of make up for the lack of apple trees though don't they?

Stasha said...

Apple picking out of the crates ;) Maybe it will catch on this side of the Atlantic too..

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell said...

Can't blame you for trying though! Doggone it!

Sara Louise said...

Your a good mommy for trying :)

Stacie @ Snaps and Bits said...

Thanks for leaving such a nice comment on my blog! For a second there, I thought Barbara was reaching out from the grave! I'd love to pick apples in France. So cool you live there!

morethanjustdessert said...

Your little man is so cute! I found your blog from linking up on instafriday a few weeks ago, I enjoy your posts!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

You are right! This is a little different than South Carolina picking. I am glad the rain held off a little.

Haddock said...

Apple picking must be really interesting.
That market place looks great.....Its sad that it rained.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...