My life in numbers

Some of you might know that I am an accountant by profession. I am constantly surrounded by numbers. The funny thing about all of this is that I am terrible at math.

My husband is constantly making fun of me because sometimes basic concepts escape me. Like when I told him that this year on my birthday I was going to be 16 squared.  I'll let you do the math on that one.

So just for fun, here is my life in numbers.  Feel free to check my math on some of these....

11, 680 - the number of days I've been alive

4 - the number of countries I've lived in

3 - the number of languages I speak

1 - the number of languages I speak well

10 - the number of years since I graduated college

17 - the age I graduated high school in

16 - the number of countries I've visited

8 - the number of countries my oldest has visited

53 - the number of months I've lived in France

2 - the number of years since I've been back to the States

12 - the number of weeks until I go back to the States

1, 460 the number of days I've been married

2 - the number of beautiful boys I have

1 - amazing husband who has made this day amazing

1 - cake from Maison Vacher sitting in my fridge

84909845084594 - the number of calories in one piece of said cake

0 - the amount of time I will spend working out to work of said calories

5 - the number of roses my son carried in the door for me today.

32 - what I hope will be an amazing year in my life.



Pin It

23 comments:

Quiana said...

What a fun birthday post! I'm nerdy and love numbers too =) Hope you have a wonderful day!

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday! (Lots of our numbers are the same, or darned close at any rate!)

Adrienne said...

Happy Birthday!! I hope you have a wonderful day ~ I know your little troupe of guys will spoil you...as they should! Take a bite of that cake for me (and all of us who used to live there and get those cakes on our birthdays!!) Where will you be in the states when you come home!? What a joy to have that to look forward to to "begin" your next year!

Susan Liberatore said...

I just want to say I love you and I LOVE this post.
4 from the bottom...I have confirmed #'s and that is 100% correct. Sorry.
Happy 32nd Birthday!! xo

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell said...

I am blown away with how extensively you have traveled! You're so lucky!

Eeeks! WALK AWAY from the cake! ;)

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Well happy birthday! What a fun post. 2 years is a long time - do you miss the states?

Kiddothings said...

Happy Birthday Barbara! Your oldest has travelled to more countries and me! Had to giggle at cake calories :D
Have a wonderful celebration :)

Rach (DonutsMama) said...

Love this post! Happy Birthday! I hope you have fun visiting the states again. Here's a # 15--the number of years since I've been to CF. Can I come visit?

jeands said...

happy birthday! your boy is the sweetest and his flowers looks amazing! enjoy your birthday and may you have a good one. I'm excited for you that you can finally visit the states again in 12 weeks! yay!

misssrobin said...

Fun post! The best part? How many calories are in the cake and that you will spend zero time working it off.

Stopping by from SITS. Have a great day.

Are We There Yet! said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Hope you have a GREAT one!!.

I am horrible at math and don't care who knows it. When we shop, I usually have my Hubs by my side who is a math wizzzzzz. LOL... he tells me the best buys.

The Anecdotal Baby said...

I loved this... so fun! Happy Birthday!

Blond Duck said...

My brain just exploded. I hope you had a wonderful birthday!

Kimberly said...

Such a fun post! I hope you had an amazing birthday!!

Maggie S. said...

Happy Birthday.

Liene said...

Love it! Joyeux anniversaire!!

Jen said...

Happy (belated) Birthday!!! I hope this is your best year yet :)
xo

Emmy said...

Happy Birthday!! Love this post! What is the third language? English and French and ?

It has been 10 years since I graduated from college too, though I was 18 when I graduated high school. Sadly I have only been to two different countries.

joleneybean said...

I love the numbers! And I'm trying not to be slightly jealous of them. Lived in 4 countries? Speaks 3 languages? I'm working on my 3rd language now (Polish) and my 2nd is Spanish but it's not terribly good. And I've only ever lived in one country. Same town my whole life. Can I live vicariously through you?!

Leslie said...

Such a fun post! I'm right there with you on that 0 line. Have a great birthday...and remember, calories don't count on your birthday!

Nieves said...

Funny and nice post Barbara, I think is a good way to see your life and all the achievements you have got in short and you have got a lot of them so far! I hope you had a lovely birthday!! Kisses,

Natalie said...

Awww won't be long that you'll be back visiting the states! I wish I had visited 16 countries...but think I'm at like 8 or something like that. Happy belated birthday!

Kim said...

Pretty cool that you've travelled so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...