Fall is in the Air

Fall is by far the very best season in France.  The weather is usually gorgeous while bright and vibrant colors light up the landscape.

Most people think that we live in a super fancy city like Paris, but actually we live in the country in central France.  We live in a chain of volcanos and the life here is made for fall.  There are thousands of hiking trails and lakes all made to enjoy the beautiful fall weather.

To be quite honest though, the weather lately has been anything but desirable.  It has been cold and rainy.  It was as if we skipped summer and fall and jumped straight into winter.  We were all becoming a little stir crazy since we hadn't been able to do any outdoor activities.

We were so lucky that Sunday the weather finally improved enough were we could go out and do all of the things we had been wanting to do for so long.

There were bike rides in the park.  Enjoying the beautiful flowers and fountains that fill every corner.


A trip up to the lake to feed the ducks and enjoy a nice walk in the sand.


Followed by a donkey ride through the forest.



It was one of those picture perfect days (even though we had no camera with us) filled with the fall magic that only France give.

Linking up with the SITS Girls Fall back into Blogging
Pin It

19 comments:

Hilary said...

Great pics! Thanks for sharing.

The Bonny Bard said...

Sounds like a great day! We've been having crap weather too, hope it improves soon, for both of us!!

Ali - My Suitcase Full of Tricks said...

Oh just to live one day there and do all those wonderful things. I'm coming to visit.

Sonya said...

Sounds like a beautiful area! When I was in England and Scotland I loved those smaller country areas around the lakes more than the cities. The cities are nice for a visit, but the smaller areas would be great for living.

terrenidoro said...

Beautiful! Looks like you are enjoying life to it's fullest! I am visiting from SITS.

bequoted said...

Someone is certainly enjoying the Fall season! Visiting from SITS this very late evening. Happy blogging!

jeands said...

I love fall even if we don't have it here in my country... I wish we get to experience it too. enjoy fall and hope the weather will treat you with another beautiful one this weekend so the kiddos will get to enjoy the outdoors again.

JDaniel4's Mom said...

What a wonderful trip to the park! A donkey rid looks like a lot of fun!

Natalie said...

Awww love the one with him looking out at the water! I hate that it seems like it is going straight into winter...I really could live with two seasons myself..fall and spring!

Kimberly said...

Can I come visit? I have always been in love with France. I would love to get out to the country to do those things!

Alley said...

Stopping by from Sits...I would give anything to live where you do! I love the photos.

Rach (DonutsMama) said...

The flowers are gorgeous. I didn't realize there were so many trails and a lake there! Why didn't I explore more! I love seeing the city through your eyes.

The Anecdotal Baby said...

I absolutely love Fall. We've had a few teaser days here that made me think Fall was making an entrance... then bam! 100ยบ weather again …:( I'm so ready. Love the first pic w/your little man... so cute!

Maggie S. said...

Lovely pics. I took French in school and have always wanted to visit.

Jen said...

I hope you get some nice weather before the wicked winter hits!!!
I love that first picture :)

Emmy said...

I totally pictured you living in a city this whole time I have read your blog.

Glad you finally got some good weather-- I am still waiting for it to cool off here, has been hot way too long!

Sara Louise said...

Hey! I want a donkey! The next time I'm in CF, I'm totally riding one!

Are We There Yet! said...

We are having fall weather here in the US also,.... I am sure going to miss summer. For once, we had a very hot beautiful summer here in Pennsylvania.

Great Pictures by the way

Kim said...

It's dropped right down here too. Snow seems imminent :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...