Sete

When the weather is crappy in here in central France, it is a pretty sure bet that it is beautiful everywhere else.  I call it Karma.

This is why we decided to run south on another one of our infamous long weekends in May.  My husband is obsessed with Montpellier.  If there was a superlative for obsessed, I would use it here.  I on the other hand, want to visit as much of France as I can before we have to go back home.

After the Marseille debacle, I didn't have much choice in our next destination.  I did suggest a neighboring town to Montpellier that way we could always escape if it was incredibly horrible, and that my friends is how we ended up going to Sete.

Sete is a small harbor town with lots of canals and bridges.  We jokingly called it the "Venice of France" until we found out that the French really do refer to it this way.

It was so great to see water and boats everywhere.  It is amazing how amusing this is to a two year old. He could have stared at the "bateaux" forever.


The town was small and perfect for a one day trip.  We explored all of it's nooks and crannies in just a day and half.

Although, Nathan's trip would not have been complete without a ride on a boat.  He eats up all of this touristic stuff, and so we went on our way.  Noah was thrilled.
We passed under bridges and out into the open water.  A little boy's dream come true.
The piece de resistance, however, was the Madeleine Store.  A store with a bazillion different kinds of Madeleines.  
My mom is crazy.  Get me out of here.


There were natural flavored ones, chocolate filled, orange flavored, the list goes on and on and on.

I was in heaven.  I almost had to be dragged out kicking and screaming.  *almost*

Oh.Em.Gee how many do you have?

  The trip was amazing and it was perfect for a weekend away.  Did I mention the madeleines?










Pin It

10 comments:

Mark said...

My guess is that, in that day and a half trip, you spent an entire day in that store.
m.

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell said...

I can NOT believe how many madeleines were in that store. Amazing!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

The candy shop looks such wonderful.

Rach (DonutsMama) said...

When I was in Europe I went nuts over the desserts. Completely, over-indulged crazy. So I have nothing but understanding for you, lol!

Your weekend excursions sound so wonderful.

Jen said...

Oh my goodness...that city looks beautiful!!! And madeleines...I assume that is chocolate?
Love those pictures :)

Tallulah@Bilingual Babes said...

Mmmmmmadeleines! Great shots, you can never have too many photos of cake :-)

Sara Louise said...

Sete is my husband's favorite! I still haven't been, but one of these weekends I'll get there :)

Jessica said...

What gorgeous places you have to visit. Looks like a beautiful trip.

Emmy said...

Glad this tip was a success and lots of fun. I have never had a Madeline, or heard of them actually. What are they like?

Susan said...

Did you say madeleines?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...