Olympic Spirit

Here is a little known fact about me: when I was younger I used to teach gymnastics. It was far from lucrative but I taught the 3-5 year old class and it was very rewarding.

While watching the gymnastic competition on TV, Nathan got really wound up. He started jumping in furniture and flip flopping around the house claiming he was "flying".

In an effort to harness his energy, I started teaching him basic gymnastics. After his first successful summersault he was hooked. I don't know why it took me so long to try and teach him.

My husband was less than thrilled. He is too afraid he will snap his neck. So in an effort to keep the peace we have moved on to our next event - speed bike.


Have you been keeping up with the Olympics?

Pin It

10 comments:

Liene said...

Oh, the Olympics are ON in this house. We have a "torch relay" every night around the kitchen island... But isn't that what the Olympics are all about? Inspiration and dreams?

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Oh fun! Gymnastics was Pierce's favorite thing in gym this past year. He loves it!

Quiana said...

What a fun fact! It's so cool that you're able to teach Nathan a few skills. Nia loves flipping and the Olympics have her super excited. It's cute to see the little ones catch the Olympic spirit!

Mark said...

I was done with the Olympics once MaryLou Retton left.
m.
Good Luck with Nathan's gymnastic lessons!
m.

Jen said...

Haha...that's awesome! Yes, we've been watching the Olympics every night. The gymnastics and track is my favorite :)

Sonya said...

Fun! At least you probably taught him the correct way so shouldn't that be safer?

Adrienne said...

We have been enjoying the olympics - it's a fun thing to have on tv during vacation cause we can watch and stay conversational. So nice! I say run, jump, tumble...and ride on!!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

that's soo cute...if i could be sprinting..i would be!

Amanda said...

We've been watching most evenings and enjoying seeing some unexpected medals for a few Canadians!

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell said...

He's so cute! I've missed way more of the Olympics than I wanted to. Makes me sad.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...