A Day at the Park

Well, we've wrapped up our first week of our "stay-cation".  My husband is still working so I've been home with the kids waiting until that magic moment when we can all leave on vacation together.

I have to admit that staying home with the two kids has been more exhausting than I imagined.  I have to admit that everyday I just have the urge to turn on re-runs of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse while we lounge in PJ's all day.

Although, as I sit in the couch drinking my coffee looking at the endless boredom on Nathan's face - I know I have to do better.

One of the great advantages of my neighborhood is the wonderful parks that are just blocks away and so we wake up early and head out before the sun gets too hot.

We begin with the big slide and I watch and cheer while he slides what seems like a bazillion times.  It doesn't matter if it is the first time or the 100th, the smile on his face never fades.

Then we make our way over the child's playground.  There he sees the other kids.  He gets to ride on different games.  He gets to play in the dirt.  He gets to run around some of that energy.

All of this while Noah and I sit on the bench cheering him on.

When the sun starts getting hotter - we make our way back home for lunch but not before stopping by the fountain to "wash our hands".

The entire way home Nathan talks about the park and all of the things he will get to do tomorrow.

We all get home exhausted and I am always so glad that I made the effort to take them outside.  After all, this is what summertime is all about.
Pin It

7 comments:

Natalie said...

They do get bored don't they? I know I have to just get in the car and go or Nolan starts getting into things just b/c he's bored LOL!

Michelle said...

And now you know how SAHM's feel. =) Seriously, isn't it great to have parks nearby? I wish it wasn't so hot so early already!

Sonya said...

I'm glad you've been able to get out for part of the day. It's been too miserable here for that. It's probably also nice that he can play on his own!

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Sounds like a lovely meeting. Next time you'll have to bring a picnic lunch ;-)

jeands said...

I love taking my girl to the park too. slides always makes the children so happy and entertained.

nathan's last photo shows that he really enjoyed his day.

Mark said...

Yep, we do it for our kids. I remember that look of boredom. It worked on me too!
m.

Jen said...

Glad you're enjoying your "stay-cation"...sometimes those can be the best kind. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...