Dear Nathan



Dear Nathan,


I can honestly say that this month has been like none other, and one that I will never forget.

You came back from your amazing vacation with your grandparents speaking yet another language.  You picked up Romanian as if it was the only language you had ever spoken.  The only problem was that I could never understand what you were saying.  Luckily, you daddy was never too far away to translate for us.  In the few weeks that you've been home, you've started adjusting back to English and French, although every once in a while you like to throw in a Romanian word just to keep me on my toes.

Lately, you have become obsessed with all things Pirate.  You love to dress up like them and are fascinated by every ship you see.  We took you on a special trip down to the beach just so that you could see the Pirates at your new favorite restaurant.  I love seeing the magic in your eye when you dive into this new imaginary and magical world.  This has also started expanding into Castles (chateaux) and Princesses.  My favorite, of course, was when you called me a princess on the day I was wearing a skirt.  Remember that you did in fact think "mommy was a princess" at least one day in your life.  I know I will.

This month, you gave me the first, of what I expect to be many, mini-heart attacks.  While being your usual rambunctious self, you fell - in the bathroom.  It was almost in slow motion.  You began crying, and when we lifted you up to see if you were okay, we saw all of the blood coming from your eye.  I have to admit to you, that I panicked and didn't handle the sight of all of that blood very well.  Luckily, everyone got it together shortly after and you had your second big trip to the ER.

You handled it like a champ and were very calm throughout the entire thing.  It must have been the laughing gas they gave you.  Three stitches later, you were as good as new.  It hurt me to see you with stitches, but you were as proud as can be.  You love to point it out to people, and milk it for sympathy when you get in trouble for jumping around yet again.

You certainly keep us on our toes, but life with you is nothing if not fun.  We love you!

Linking up with Shell for Pour Your Heart Out
Pin It

24 comments:

Pam said...

Cute post! Stopped by from SITS. (My little girl gave me more mini heart attacks than my little boy. Whew, I made it through, and they grew up fine.) Enjoying your blog!

The Brennan Family said...

I swear Nathan and Austin must be related some how!!! Austin is a pirate phase also. Instead of me, he calls Callie a princess.

Kristin Leamy said...

whew! Those heart attacks are never fun, I'm so glad he's ok! My daughter milks her injuries for sympathy as much as possible too...and loves pirates. LOL

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Yikes, that must've been scary! Glad he's okay.

Natalie said...

Awww he is such a brave big boy now!

Mark said...

That kid and his languages. I'm still trying to get English right! I don't speak it too good. ha!
m.

The Anecdotal Baby said...

Wow, that's awesome about the languages! They are such little sponges. I'm such a get-up-and-walk-it-off kind of mom whenever Lovebug takes a spill, but I'd have been a little more than freaked about blood! knock on wood, we haven't had anything too traumatic... yet. Glad to hear Nathan is okay. And proudly showing off the scar!

Emmy said...

Oh blood by the eye would freak me out too! Glad he was okay in the end. That would be so awesome if he did keep all three languages- he would be so marketable and wanted to work everywhere!

Blond Duck said...

I'd be obsessed with pirates too. I couldn't have handled the eye!

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell said...

He's wearing those stitches like a badge of honor! Really neat that he picked up Romanian so easily!

Kim said...

What a treasure you are building for Nathan with your words! I am so glad he is fine. Kids seem to bounce back so much easier than we often think is possible.

Mothering From Scratch said...

{Melinda} So, so sweet! Reminds me of letters I wrote to my daughter throughout her scrapbook when she was little. Just the other day, she was looking at her scrapbook and I could tell she loved it (she's 15 now!)

It sounds like you have an amazing little boy with an amazing mommy. :)

Susan said...

3 kids later and I still can't handle the blood. Poor little guy! Glad he's ok.
I love these posts Barbara. They always make me want to cry. Happy tears!

Tara R. said...

It is amazing that your son is already speaking three languages! That's wonderful. Glad his fall wasn't more serious, and hope he heals quickly.

(visiting via PYHO)

Stasha said...

Kids learn fast but yours is something else Barabra. What talent!!
Sorry about the ER. I cannot imagine how worried and scared ou must have been. My grandpa always said it was part of growing up...

Shell said...

What a month it's been! :)

Cam | Bibs and Baubles said...

I love that he's exposed to and picks up languages. very cool.

glad he's ok. having boys is rough on a mama! maybe he could wear a patch over the stitches and be a pirate.

Jen said...

It's so scary when they fall!! I love that he "milks it for sympathy"...haha!!
Cute picture :)

Blond Duck said...

Happy Wednesday!

Dee said...

Oh man, kids sure do know how to keep us on our toes!!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

What a busy month! I love that he is so into pirates! I am glad he is okay.

Jessica said...

Of course you are a princess.

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Too cute when kids have an interest:-)

Kim said...

I think they are alot braver than we are. I would have lost my mind if I saw blood coming from his eye.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...