Disney Magique

Oh my, has it taken me a while to get back into this blogging thing.  My husband has been gone for nearly two weeks on a business trip which has left little time for anything other than surviving.  That however is a post for another time.

Last year when Cornel and I had to go to Paris (for yet another embassy trip) we decided to take Nathan to EuroDisney.  It was such an amazing trip and we couldn't wait to take Nathan back.

Since we had to make a return trip to the Embassy we decided to take advantage and go back.  This would be a little different of course since we would also have a baby on board.  It is one thing to take a toddler to Disney, but taking a newborn was a whole different ball game.

Nathan had no idea what to think at first and I think at the beginning he was in pure shock.  It didn't last long and soon he was having a great time, screaming and laughing.

We had booked a character breakfast like we had done last year to show Nathan the characters.  Since he was so terrified last year we didn't really want to push it, but figured this way he could enjoy them from afar while he ate his croissants.  We were shocked when he wanted to go right up to Mickey and even wanted to give him a hug.  Who was this kid?


Not wanting to feel left out, Noah also wanted to get in on the action.  His first picture with Mickey at only two months old, he is going to have some high expectations in the future.



The rest of the trip is what Disney is all about.  Elephants were ridden; tea cups were spun and aliens were shot; we saw shows, played dress up in the souvenir shops (you know you've done it) and just took in the Disney magic as a family.

Since the breakfast had gone so well with Nathan we decided to do a dinner with the characters too.  We headed over to the Disneyland Hotel and their uber fancy restaurant to enjoy a wonderful dinner (with wine, yummy yummy wine).

I can hardly explain how teary-eyed I became when Nathan ran and gave Mickey the biggest hug and just started kissing him.  It was truly the sweetest thing.

And again Noah didn't want to feel left out of the dinner shenanigans ... (I carried him for most of the trip rather than dealing with the gigantic newborn strollers).

On our last day at Disney we just took our time and did a few of the things we wanted to do again before leaving.  Our plan was promptly disrupted when Nathan noticed Winnie the Pooh.  He was just standing and waving at him, and so we decided to brave the half hour l one to see him.  So much for getting an early start home.

Unlike with Mickey, when we finally got to see Pooh Nathan acted like he didn't even care.  He calmly walked over, gave him a quick hug and then posed for his picture. Check out his crossed legs and his glance away for the camera.




We did however snag the first picture of the four of us, so thanks Pooh.

Allin all, it was a great trip.  My mom is so heartbroken that she has missed out on two Disney trips with her grandson(s) that she has decided to take Nathan to Disneyland in California over Christmas vacation.  This kids is nothing if not spoiled.  I think Cornel and I will take advantage and head to Las Vegas instead.
Pin It

16 comments:

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

What a fun time. My boys have never been to any Disney park - yet!

Natalie said...

I'm so glad you guys had such a great time. I know Nathan had a blast!

Adrienne said...

oh, sigh...the nostalgia! you're killing me here! Between paris in the spring time and euro disney (our home away from home when we lived there) I am now a little teary eyed...Pooh was my son's very favorite - so you know that just killed me! You are so brave to hit Disney with a 2 month old! Glad it was sucha a happy time...I think vegas will feel just about right in December!!

Ali - My Suitcase Full of Tricks said...

I love that last picture. Those kids have a cushy little life. I feel bad for your mom. Grandparents LOVE Disney with the kids. You look fantastic by the way.

Quiana said...

How precious! That family photo with Pooh is adorable. I would have teared up too if I saw Nia run to Mickey like that - sounds like something out of a commercial! Btw did you see that video of the little girl who gets overjoyed at going to Disney and cries? Now that makes me tear up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOpOhlGiRTM

momto8 said...

what a blast you must have had!! looks like so much fun!

Sonya said...

Looks like fun! Yep, they are definitely spoiled now!

Susan said...

Good for you for going! I might (might!) have chickened out with having to take baby along.
Looks like such a great time! And I am loving your Vegas idea. You deserve it.

Andie said...

Amazing how quickly they change their minds!

Mark said...

When I first starting reading and then glanced down to see the photos, I thought that those photos were from the Embassy. ha!
But I'm sure it's much more cartoonish at the embassy than at Euro Disney!
Speaking of which, I think I'd rather go to that one that in Florida. I mean, IF I was forced to go to one.
Glad to see the Family photo!
m.

AudreyO said...

I would love to visit the Disneys around the world. I've only been to the one in CA and the one in FL. Great character photos.

Jessica said...

I would totally go to Vegas too.

I love that Nathan went right up to Mickey. My toddler loves Mickey right now but I bet she would be shy if she saw him.

Nieves said...

Eurodisney must be amazing, a jobmate went with his wife and daughter last week and he has come absolutely stunned. I would like to go but I don't have the excuse of any children to take there, even my four nieces and nephews have grown up too quickly hahaha! Kisses and nice Sunday afternoon,

JDaniel4's Mom said...

What a great trip! I love that he loved the characters.

Kim said...

Oh you should and let her watch Noah too:) I know it's inevitable that we will take the kids to Disney even though Shaune insists he never wants to. I've been as a kid but he never went.

SouthMainMuse said...

I had to click on and read this post. Our 19 yo on his first visit to Disney - sounded a lot like yours. He was about three. We waited 35 minutes to see the characters. He hugged Winnie for a bout 5 seconds and then was out of there. Loved see your family.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...