Wine Love

This past Sunday we went to the Annual "Vinidome" Festival here in Clermont-Ferrand.  Vineyards from all over France come to show off their wine and many people flock to stock up their caves.

We bought so much wine at last year's festival (remember how I had to kick Nathan out of his stroller), that we received a private invitation from one of the vineyards.


The bitter cold and snow wasn't going to keep us away.  We dropped off Nathan at our friends' home and headed out with Noah in tow. There is no better way to drink wine, than with the baby in the carrier.  I wish I could say I was the only one, but there were many women with the same brilliant idea.


And since Nathan wasn't with us, we had the stroller empty to bring home the cases of wine that we purchased! (That is Noah under all of those blankets).  Who knew strollers could be so multi-functional?


Is is too early to start making my wish list for next year?

"God made only water, but man made wine." - Victor Hugo, 1856



iPhone Photo Phun
Pin It

19 comments:

Adrienne said...

So fun! I went to my first ever wine tasting over the weekend. Organized by some old friends and we just tasted the 'random' bottles everyone brought - so much fun!! Didn't leave with cases, but having discovered a couple of new wines!

Mark said...

You have a good idea there. You should design wine-case carriers and sell the product to Vinidome!
So did you get all sloppy drunk? Yeah, I know, that's not very 'French'.
But truly, it looks like a great time and I'm so jealous. You know what, it's only 10:30a.m. but I think I'll go have a glass now. It gotta be dinner somewhere in the world, right?
m.

Tamera Beardsley said...

Oh yes, you are a woman after my own heart! My husband and I spent a week in November exploring Napa Valley here in California...I can't wait to get a chance to compare it to the fabulous French regions...thank you for sharing your trip!

Adrienne said...

I love strollers! When my kids outgrew them, I was always irritated with all the stuff I had to carry.

Julie said...

Okay seriously - I don't have kids, but I want to get a stroller for my wine purchases now. :)

Visiting from IPPP!

Helene said...

OMG, I soooooo want to pin that picture of you with the baby strapped to your chest with an empty wine glass in your hand and that huge smile on your face!! That is such a perfect mommy moment right there! Can I please??????

Bits of Bee said...

How fabulous to be able to do a wine tour in France, I can't even imagine how delicious all your wine must be! Thanks for linking up!

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

My Dad does corporate insurance, and insured a lot of wineries when I was in high school. As a result, many of my weekends involved private winery tours - but luckily I found it all quite interesting. :-)

Stasha said...

I am glad someone s using the stroller for what it was intended :)

Natalie said...

Love that you went with baby in tow! I have not been to wine tasting...I know so sad...:(

Jen said...

Looks like fun! Good use of your stroller ;)

Emmy said...

Love it! Looks like you will get an invite again next year :)

Leighannn said...

That's awesome.
What a great way to spend the day.

Sonya said...

Looks like fun and that is definitely putting the stroller to good use!

Missy said...

I think the stroller is an excellent way to transport wine. :)

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell said...

They really do make terrific shopping carts!

Jessica said...

Now that's a great way to spend the day. I hope you post about some of the wines you got.

Kim said...

Oh Lord that sounds right up my alley! ANd what joy to be around such world renowned wines! Wish I could come over and have a glass with you:)

Susan said...

So jealous! Looks like a great time.
That last picture is too funny!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...